Re: strange trailer wiring with 2002 Quad Cab w/factory 7-pin

From: Miles D. Oliver (moliver@mmoliver.org)
Date: Thu Nov 03 2005 - 14:50:52 EST

  I didn't think that wiring a trailer would end up being a LIFE CHANGING
experience.

  Further proof that my 'over 40' eyes need Bifocals.

  Turns out that I did NOT have the white ground wire into the " - "
connection. I had it plugged into the " + " connection.

  Once I moved it to the RIGHT connection all worked as designed.

  Thanks for all the help.

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com wrote:

> In article <Pine.LNX.4.63.0511031350560.11307@kota.mmoliver.org>,
> moliver@mmoliver.org ("Miles D. Oliver") writes:
>>

>> On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com wrote:
>>

>>> That sounds right to me, it's been a long time since I worked at the RV/Cap
>>> place but I recall the 4,5,6 & 7 pin wire configurations like this.
>>>
>>> 4 Way Systems are typically wired
>>>
>>> Green = Right Turn & Brake
>>> Yellow = Left Turn & Brake
>>> Brown = Tail/Running Lights