Re: Re: Re: Spark plug gap

From: Biff Byrum (bbyrum9@foothill.net)
Date: Tue Nov 08 2005 - 14:05:19 EST

Stop and think about it for a minute, how many people really make sure their
gap is always correct? And how many of those people complain about crappy
performance?

If you have MPI and the coil down under the alternator, it shoud run just
about the same. As Rascal said, cap and wires. Max resistance should be
below 11,000 ohms. New wires I've tested run about 4600 to 4900 ohms. I
don't think plug brand has anything to do with it.

If you have the beer barrel intake, check the bolts, they just don't hold.
Then other vacuum connections. But it kinda sounds like a sensor problem.
O2S, TPS, MAP, and clean the IAC. What happened to me last year was about
what you're saying. Ended up being a 4 month old OS shorting out. Biff