RE: Re: Re: Spark plug gap

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 17:33:35 EST

Rascal & Biff,

The plugs, cap, rotor and wires were all replaced in March 2005. ( i did a tune-up )

It ran fine all summer. The rough operation between 1400 and 2000 RPM appeared about 3
to 4 weeks ago.

I guess something could be failing. I think it could be O2 sensor. TPS and MAP check
out ok. The coolant temp sensor is flakey but thats just for the gauge in the dash
right?

I will check the resistance in plug wires. You said anything less than 14,000 ohms
right? But typically its 4,700 ohms. My wires are AutoLite Pro.

Also I will get another set of AP3924 plugs and gap at 0.035 just to see if theres any
difference in performance.

Q: What about a valvetrain problem? Would it show up in certain bands of RPMs. Say
1400 to 2000?

-dan

> Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 23:07:25 -0600
> From: "Rick Barnes" <rascal@scrtc.com>
> Subject: DML: RE: Re: Re: Spark plug gap
>
> Very possible. How are your distributor cap and spark plug wires?
>
> Rascal

Dan K.
'92 Grey Dak CC, 318, 4x2, 46RH, 3.55 rear, 235/75R15, PS, PW, PB, PL, AC.

Mods: Cool air, K&N oil/air, 180* T-Stat, Autolite 3924s, re-located IAT, Trans-Go shift kit.

Future: Swap motor for a slightly modified Magnum 5.9L engine.

http://mail.yahoo.com