Re: Re: Front Control Arms

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 01:59:10 EST

Josh Battles wrote:
> The joints I purchased (DANA) came with all the hardware. They use grade 8
> bolts and locknuts. If you look at the locknuts, the threads start out round
> and end up oval at the top, once you put them on there they're NOT coming off
> easy. I wouldn't recommend using anything else besides the hardware that
> comes with the joints you buy, it comes along with it for a reason. It's
> still plenty easy to remove should you have to replace the joint again in the
> future.

Fortunately, next time I have to replace the uppers I won't have to deal
with the damned rivets, since the recall replacement uppers are now
bolted on instead of riveted.

Of course, the lowers are still original... I'll probably replace them
when I have some spare cash even though they still appear to be fine.
I'd rather not chance it.

-Bill