Re: Looking for a Cap

From: sneezer@gmail.com
Date: Fri Nov 11 2005 - 09:25:13 EST

In article <dl0g57$voj$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, jon@dakota-truck.net writes:

> ttroidl@bluefrog.com wrote:
>
> : I'm looking for a cheap (inexpensive) used cap for my '97 if anyone in the
> : buffalo WNY area knows of one...
>

> The only one I can think of off the top of my head is there
> is somebody on the south/west side of Route 5 between Irving
> and Angola who had a bunch of GenI/II stuff out by the road,
> some wheels, etc. and I think there was a cap there too. Its
> probably for a GenI bed though, I don't know if a GenI/II cap
> would work on your GenIII or not.
>
> I can't think of any others at the moment, but I'll be sure
> to keep an eye out for you.
>

> --

A GenI/II cap will fit on a GenIII truck. The lines are slightly off, but
hardly noticeable. I know one guy who did that, he was pleased with the
results, and the price was right. There is a guy down here in Dallas trying to
sell a blue one for cheap, but too far for you.

You can also look at Autotrader. Find trucks that are for sale with caps and
call them up. That is what I did to get mine. Granted it is a white cap on a
red truck, but at the time I could not afford to be picky. Bought it from a
dealer who had a white GenII for sale on the lot. Paid $200 for it.

Kevin
1992 CC 318 2wd