Re: Tailgate won't latch when cold

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Nov 18 2005 - 13:09:32 EST

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 ttroidl@bluefrog.com wrote:

> > The tailgate on my 02 will not latch when it is cold unless I really
> > slam it hard. Anyone know what the fix is?
> >

> On both sides of the gate, near the Latches when the gate is down, you
> will find a small metal tab facing up that slides about 1/2 inch back &
> forth, Lube the suckers with grease!
>
> In the mean time you can manualy push them back to the down position
> (assuming you manke sure the handle is in the CLOSED/LOCK position 1st!

I've been having this problem with my tailgate for a while. I need to
manually reset those clips to get it to latch on both sides at once,
otherwise I'll get one side to latch about 2/3 of the time, and no
latching the other 1/3.

Mine feel gummed up, like they need lots of brake cleaner before some
light white lithium greasing.

--
MikeM
SAS Dak that hates me