Re: RE: winter beaters

From: sean bruckman (brukmann@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Nov 18 2005 - 17:47:29 EST

I would check with the DOT in your area to see what
kind of salt they use. In my limited understanding,
what you see on the road can tell part of the story.
Clearly if there are white stains on the road surface
along with big white crystals, you have salt. The
better stuff is blue usually, but there still is salt
content in some of it. As far as i know few places in
the midwest are footing the bill for the really good
stuff that has no salt in it. For example,
Indianapolis metropolitan area has the really good
stuff... too bad they wait 3 days after every storm to
plow anything.

Okay, joining the DML again is giving me really crazy
deja-vue... Is there a thread about road salt every
year?

Sean

P.S. My g.f. took her first and last drive in my new
truck today. She can handle stick really well, but she
has a nasty habit of hitting the brakes at the last
second. Badump bump.

http://farechase.yahoo.com