RE: Fw: RE: Dak doesn't want to stay running

From: Pindell, Tim (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 11:47:18 EST

>snip!<

> However, when going in this
>direction, the truck is capable of idling with the sole intake of air
>being via the IAC, so even if you back the screw out all the way, you
>won't be able to decrease the idle. Also, what will happen is that the
>"stop" for the butterfly valve will no longer be the set screw, but the
>blades of the valve itself hitting the throttle body bore. This
results
>in undesireable stress on the blades and could potentially cause little
>bits of aluminum to be ground out of the bores of the throttle body and
>ingested into the engine.

>snip again!<
>
>--
> -Jon-

I fiddled with this screw when I too was chasing down an idle issue. In
my case, totally unscrewing the set screw and allowing the throttle
blades to rest against the bore resulted in the throttle blades sticking
slightly in the bore. To un-stick it, extra pressure was required on
the throttle causing annoying jerky starts from any condition requiring
the throttle to be closed. Not fun.

Tim