Re: '64 Hemi!

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Nov 22 2005 - 00:42:47 EST

"Ray Block" <bpracing@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

:> it aint original. MA MOPAR never put a 426 Hemi in a full size car.

: True, but they did have a 426 street wedge in '64. What a dog!

   I don't know much about the street wedge, but I have heard the (413)
Max Wedge and the (426) Max Wedge stage II and III were about as good
as you could get, at the time. Supposed to be tempermental on the street,
but a good race motor. I recently spent some time researching these things
as I got an e-mail from an acquaintance in Florida whose neighbor was trying
to sell a 413 Max Wedge that was running when he pulled it out of the car
many years ago. He gave me the numbers on the block, and when I ran them
found out that it wasn't a Max Wedge, or even a 413 - it was a 361 with
the "SonoRamic Commando" cross ram intake. After they went back to the
neighbor with that info, he happened to remember that he pulled it out
of a truck. :-P Oh well - the gas to drive down and pick it up would
have been more than I can get an HP 440 for locally.

  Ummm, I'm not sure what my point was, except maybe that old Mopars are
cool, and its past my bedtime. :-) Good night!

--
                                          -Jon-

.- Jon Steiger --- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -. | 67 Dodge Coronet, 70 Plymouth Barracuda, 76 Peugeot TSA | | 78 Dodge B100, 90 Dodge Dakota Convertible, 92 Dodge Ram 4x4 | | 96 Dodge Dakota, 96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, 96 Kolb FireFly | | 99 Jeep Cherokee 4x4, 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD | `--------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com --'