Re: '64 Hemi!

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Tue Nov 22 2005 - 13:56:56 EST

Can't help you on the value but if it's a 64 then it will be a 426 wedge motor.
Not sure if they put max wedges in these cars or not but it's not a hemi unless
it's not original. The raised block big block motor went through several
iterations or 413, 426 then 440 cubic inches. The 426 hemi was based off the
426 wedge block (though they are exactly the same).

In 64 and 65 the only hemi's were the race motors in the limited production
A990 cars for super stock competition.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4