RE: Dakota towing capacities

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Nov 27 2005 - 06:04:18 EST

Have you looked in your owner's manual?

> Looking to see if I
> could tow an open trailer with a car on it crosscountry?

Should be able to since I did it with a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 with
the 4.7 and 3.73 gears. It's rated for towing up to 6500 lbs. Towed my
'92 Dak on an open trailer from Ohio to California and back. (Dak + cargo +
trailer = about 5800 lbs) I could pass everything but a gas station. :-(
I highly recommend a weight-distributing hitch. Never wiggled at all at
speeds up to 85. :-)

Ray