Re: Trans problems...

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Nov 28 2005 - 13:05:51 EST

> On 11/27/05, TomBuban <tombuban@4wheelair.com> wrote:
>
> Ok. I have a new trans with about 15,000 miles on it from Dodge. No
> shift kit.
> Was running fine until after I did my motor swap. Had a 318, put a 360
> in. Have a MP performance PCM.
> The trans seems to slip from 2 to 3rd. Its like it cant make up its mind
> what gear t opick. This happens under normal driving, and WOT????
> Will a shift kit take care of this????
> Is it linkage????

Don't forget the really, really obvious, Tom. I was having a very similar
problem with the 727 in my RamCharger, and then I checked the fluid - it
wasn't even on the dipstick. About 4 quarts low total. It's driving like
a 100,000 mile truck now instead of the 200,000 mile truck that it really is.

--
MikeM
SAS '98 CC, still 318 powered