Re: RE: 1991 Dakota 4-banger won't start

From: Miles D. Oliver (moliver@mmoliver.org)
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 17:10:16 EST

   I know this is may sound stupid, and my experience with a non-starting
vehicle is with an entirely different brand of vehicle, but we experienced
the same thing on a V6 Buick, crank but no start.

   What is the age of the battery? We had a similar problem with
non-starting but the engine would crank. We pulled the battery and
replaced it with a new one and the vehicle fired right up and ran
perfectly. Why ? I don't know.. this is the first thing we did to test
with.

   I will admit that I don't have the solution to this other than the
experience we had. An entirely different vehicle, different wiring,
different electronics, and my thoughts may not be relevant at all but if
you are checking everything else.. why not check the battery too.

--
   Miles D. Oliver
   www.mmoliver.org