Re: A new Dakota joins the fold....

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Dec 03 2005 - 00:20:55 EST

DRD892@aol.com wrote:
> Jon Steiger and the DML crowd....
>
> I finally had to part with my faithful '97 Sport 5.2 with 166,671 on the
> clock. I gave it
> to my grandson in Houston. It still looks almost new and runs even better
> but it was
> time for something newer.
>
> As of tonight, I am the proud owner of the following:
>
> 2006 Dakota Club Cab 4X2
> Solar Yellow Clear Coat exterior
> Slate Gray interior.
> Cloth Bucket Seats and Center Console
> 4.7 Liter High Output V8
> 5-Speed Auto 545RFE Transmission
> 3.92 9 1/4 Axle with TracLoc
> 22 Gallon Fuel Tank
> Heavy Duty suspension with front and rear Stabilizer Bars
> 17 X 8 Chrome Wheels
> P265/65R17 Tires
> AC, Power Windows, Locks, Mirrors
> Leather Steering Wheel
> Cruise Control
> Remote Keyless Entry
> Fog Lamps
> Overhead Console, Garage Door Opener, Security Group, Alarm, 6-way power seat
> Body Color Grille, bumpers, Sport Badge, Body Side moldings
> 276 Watt Amp with 6 Alpine Speakers and Cirius Satelite Digital Radio and
> 6-Disc
> CD and MP3 player
> Light Package and Sliding Rear Window.

Solar Yellow huh?? Didn't know they stillmade that color for the new
Daks. I have not seen a Solar Yellow Gen IV yet. When can we see some
pics?? I'd be interested to see how that color looks on the truck.

I don't see too many Gen IVs around town - but I'm starting to warm up
to the style a little more and accept it as a sibling. I still wouldnt
buy one.

Grey seems to be the best color on that truck... If I could only figure
out a way to de-fugly the front end, I would consider buying one.

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
89 Dakota - 89 Dakota 4x4 - 95 Dakota 4x4 - 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine