RE: A new Dakota joins the fold....

From: Rick Barnes (rascal@scrtc.com)
Date: Sun Dec 04 2005 - 00:38:11 EST

Groovy!

Rascal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of DRD892@aol.com
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 9:33 PM
To: aol@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML: A new Dakota joins the fold....

Jon Steiger and the DML crowd....

I finally had to part with my faithful '97 Sport 5.2 with 166,671 on the
clock. I gave it
to my grandson in Houston. It still looks almost new and runs even better
but it was
time for something newer.

As of tonight, I am the proud owner of the following:

2006 Dakota Club Cab 4X2
Solar Yellow Clear Coat exterior
Slate Gray interior.
Cloth Bucket Seats and Center Console
4.7 Liter High Output V8
5-Speed Auto 545RFE Transmission
3.92 9 1/4 Axle with TracLoc
22 Gallon Fuel Tank
Heavy Duty suspension with front and rear Stabilizer Bars
17 X 8 Chrome Wheels
P265/65R17 Tires
AC, Power Windows, Locks, Mirrors
Leather Steering Wheel
Cruise Control
Remote Keyless Entry
Fog Lamps
Overhead Console, Garage Door Opener, Security Group, Alarm, 6-way power
seat
Body Color Grille, bumpers, Sport Badge, Body Side moldings
276 Watt Amp with 6 Alpine Speakers and Cirius Satelite Digital Radio and
6-Disc
CD and MP3 player
Light Package and Sliding Rear Window.

It was built on November 18th at Dodge City and I bought it at a Warren,
Michigan
Dealer. Got a really good buy.

Soo, for my 3rd childhood I have a bright yellow hot rod with a sound
system
that
really enhances the news and weather broadcasts. Guess I'd better dig out
some
of my favorite CD's. (Country Western of course)

Planned modifications in the next 10 days:
Flowmaster Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
K&N Intake
Trans Cooler (Hayden)
Aux Cooling Fan (Black Magic)
Cooler Thermostat
Full Ziebart rust protection and Stone Gards
Window Visors
Black Soft Tonneau Cover (Sport Master)
Custom Paint Work (Super (B) Stripe in rear, Dakota Sport on Doors and 4.7
H.O. on Hood.

Then it's off to Houston, Texas for the holidays.
Looks like I'll be a member of the DML for some time to come.

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan
(_drd892@aol.com_ (mailto:drd892@aol.com) )