Re: Transmission Question/Intro

From: Craig Faison (cfaison@magpage.com)
Date: Mon Dec 12 2005 - 15:13:58 EST

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Michael Maskalans wrote:

> My thought as well.
>
> If the RPMs match, my money is on some sort of intake resonance. stock
> air filter setup or something else? if stock, try changing your air
> filter, if not stock... ummmm... clean your air filter? move it in or out
> on it's tube a bit and see if the RPM whistle moves up or down? run your
> engine to that RPM sitting in park and see if you hear it. I'd actually
> start there if the RPMs happen to match.

A valid thought, for sure... but why don't I hear it when that RPM is
reached in 1st and 2nd? Hmmm...

Stock air filter, and it is about due to be changed. Not terribly dirty,
but due. I'll do that.

Anyhoo, I'll check the RPMs tonight and report back.

It's loud. I really don't think it's intake based, but I've been wrong
before. I'm not going to mention exactly how many times...

thanks,
Craig