Re: Transmission Question/Intro

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 13 2005 - 10:19:37 EST

On 12/13/05, Craig Faison <cfaison@magpage.com> wrote:
> I think now that it's in one of the rotating assemblies on the front of
> the motor - fan, water pump, belt tensioner, ac compressor, power
> steering, etc. Maybe even just the belt if I'm lucky.

Yeah I'm starting to head that way myself. The belt's a relatively
cheap & fast thing to replace just to check, and if it turns out to
not be the problem, you've got a spare handy which is never a bad
thing.

I still need to get my car into the Subie dealer for its
temperature-related issue. When the engine is cold, it ticks like you
wouldn't believe until it's warm. It's one of 3 things: timing belt
tensioner needs replacement, piston slap (can be cured with new
pistons, I'm told), or just a boxer quirk. If it's either of the
first 2...glad I've got a warranty.