Re: Computer backups

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Dec 16 2005 - 11:10:52 EST

On Fri, December 16, 2005 10:58 am, Terrible Tom said:

> I din't even have a large MP3 collection -
> prolly less than 6 gigs.

Amateur :-).

> My only back up is an external fireire drive on my desk -
> but honestly I think if my house had been on fire... my computer backups
> are the least of my worries.

It depends on whether you have any data that you really care about. MP3s are
one thing. Many people (myself included) have a whole bunch of digital photos
that only exist on our hard drives and whatever backups we run. If I lost
those, I would be upset. And I have some banking and financial information on
there, tax stuff, etc. that's pretty important. Some people don't trust
computers with information that important, which I guess I can understand.

Just ask yourself how important your data is and how upset you'd be if you
lost it, and go from there.