Re: Computer backups

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Dec 16 2005 - 15:33:47 EST

"Gabriel A. Couriel" <gcouriel@bellsouth.net> wrote:

: damn... i've only got about 7gb... how many songs do you have? i've got
: about 1800.

   Yeah, what he said! :-) Are those all songs that you actually
like, or are you just hoarding every mp3 file you can get just in
case of nuclear war or something? :-) I've only got a little
over 19GB of mp3s and around 4700 files, and 2.6GB and 350 files of
that are archives of a couple of firearms related talk radio shows.
Maybe I just lead a sheltered existence. :-) I like a wide variety
of music, but I'm pretty particular about my music, I generally
don't have a blind devotion to a particular band where I will collect
all of their songs, I just pick and choose the songs from each group
that I like, and I probably couldn't even tell you why a particular
song is "good" or "bad". Heck, I have some songs that I probably
normally wouldn't bother with except they bring up some sort of
good memory which has kept them out of the dustbin. :-) Although
this does get confusing in that my musical tastes change with my
mood so some songs in my mp3 collection grate on me a bit unless I
happen to be in a particular mood that matches the song. :-)

  Dakota content: I recently got a portable MP3 player, so I can
listen to mp3s while I'm mowing the lawn, or when I'm in my Dak.
(Who am I kidding? Yeah, I do listen to mp3s on it but the REAL
reason I got it was so I could listen to Gun Talk, Limbaugh,
Savage, Reagan, Hannity, etc... any time I want.) :-) Its only
1GB, but its got the features I need and I was too cheap to pay
for more capacity or get into any of the mini hard drive thingies
which seem like they would really suck battery life and have a
bunch of fiddly bits to break.

--
                                          -Jon-

.- Jon Steiger --- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -. | 67 Dodge Coronet, 70 Plymouth Barracuda, 76 Peugeot TSA | | 78 Dodge B100, 90 Dodge Dakota Convertible, 92 Dodge Ram 4x4 | | 96 Dodge Dakota, 96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, 96 Kolb FireFly | | 99 Jeep Cherokee 4x4, 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD | `--------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com --'