Re: RE: rear axle interchangeability, or discs on a 1999

From: jldenning@earthlink.net
Date: Sat Dec 17 2005 - 22:32:39 EST

So, I've decided to stick with the 8.25. I'm going to convert to a lsd and
would be interested in recommendations. My truck gets lots of highway use,
some towing a light trailer, and spends a few weekends per year in the sand of
the Outer Banks (North Carolina). Plus various woods.

RE the brakes. If the local shop can flip to discs on my 1999 8.25 axle I'll
go that route. I'm thinking of having Adrenaline Off Road LLC of Burtonsville
Md. do the work. If we find of the shelf bolt on discs for the rear, what
about brake bias. Does anyone have thoughts on how to ensure the bias is
correct?

Happy Holidays.

Jef