Re: Tranny Questions

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Dec 18 2005 - 17:39:59 EST

James Calder wrote:

> Well if I did get the doner truck it would just to donate the NV3500 and
> receive a 46RE transplant. It would then be a complete good running truck
> for sale. I'm still keeping my eye out for a junk doner however (if I want
> to go through with the swap, still not sure). I'd rather have a manual but
> I just know I can get an APS auto to handle the 408 cheaper then a Keisler 6
> speed and leary about using the NV3500.
>
> Thanks for your input.
> James

Another option you could go with is to get a 727 built up - and mated to
a gear vendors OD/gear splitter unit. The amount of work involved in
converting an auto to a manual is a pain in the ass. You have to remove
the gear shifter on the column, get the clutch pedel in place, fuss with
tranny mounts, crank position sensor setups are different between an
auto and a stick... drive shaft mods...

I would locate a stick shift truck, with a crappy body and a solid
frame... and transplant your drive train and body into the manual trans
chassis.

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine