Perfect spill free oil change - even in below freezing weather

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Dec 18 2005 - 20:37:44 EST

Just changed the Ram's engine oil... I ran this oil about 6500 miles -
Mobil 1, 10w30, bosch filter... its the oil I had in it since before
the BBQ, and the oil that was in there whenI was towing. Its not all
Mobil 1 - I had to add some Havoline synthetic on the BBQ trip because
it lost some oil somewhere. I don't like to let oil go this long - I've
just had no time to change it. Its been said that you can go that
long... I personally don't like to - even with Mobil1 I prefer to do a
change at about 3500 miles - considering how I drive I figure its worth
it. But I think this 6500 interval was too long for the oil. Anyway...

I noticed a few things when I was under my truck - giving things my
normal "while I'm under the truck doing the oil I'll inspect everything
else" inspection...

I'm leaking oil from the front crank/timing cover seal again. damn. I
had that seal changed under warranty back about 35,000 miles - now I'm
at 55,000 and its leaking - thats about a year or so since. /me pissed.

Oh I also noticed a couple other things... like a green snorkle ziptied
to my bumper behind the passenger side fog lamp... I noticed that a
while ago when I went to check tire rub...

I also noticed a green flipper zip tied to the side of the fuel tank,
and one zip tied to the spare tire...

(shakes head)...

LOL

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine