Re: OT: turbododges AKA: my new winter vehicle

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 01:15:58 EST

On Wed, December 21, 2005 9:04 pm, m.meyerhoff@mchsi.com wrote:

> TE04 is only the exhuast side specification for the turbo. What is the inlet
> side? 10A? 8A. I have a Conquest TSI (2.6l I4) and the factory mitsu trubo
> for those was a 12A-TDO5. Look at the inlet housing and see what the first
> part is.

I don't know what the inlet side is. It's supposedly the stock turbo that
goes with the TII head, but I won't know until it shows up in the mail. He
told me he'd ship it out tomorrow (thursday) so we'll see when it gets here.

I always liked the Conquests, they were nice little cars. I'd have taken one
of those in a heartbeat. RWD > FWD

> The TD vs TE is the design of the exhuast housing and the ## part is the size
> of the exhuast housing. A mildly modded 2.6l can be choked by an 05 housing
> so I imagine a 04 housing will be pretty restrictive on an 2.5l

Really? I honestly know nothing about turbos and their sizes. I know the
basics about how they work but a few links about sizing and stuff would be
greatly appreciated.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com