Re: RE: Installing an oil pressure gauge and fuel pressure

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Thu Dec 29 2005 - 09:50:22 EST

In article <20051228224311.1c9787f5@cuda.ehuffy.com>, mopar@ehuffy.com (Eric
Hufstedler) writes:

> Do these tubes really go bad that often? I've had them in a couple
> cars w/o problems.
>
> I just really prefer the 270 degree sweep....

No! I have installed gauges with the nylon tube in several cars and never had a
leak (one car I had for 10 years with the gauge). As long as you route the tube
so it doesn't chaff or have a kink in it there is no reason not to expect it
not to last indefinately. Also, the oil won't spray every where and it won't be
200 degrees when it gets inside the vehicle, the ID is real small so it will
run out but not spray all over. If you use stainless braided line there would
be no worries in my book.

Also, I believe Autometer has a line of electic gauges that have a 270 degree
sweep so if that's your goal you can avoid the tubing.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4