Re: warm up time

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Fri Dec 30 2005 - 08:35:50 EST

On Thu, December 29, 2005 9:41 pm, Zito, James A \(GE Infra, Energy\) wrote:

> Ok quick question now that it is getting coldish......
>
> It seems to take an extremely long time to warm up, AKA give heat. On a day
> in the 20'F's it takes more than 10 minutes to get warm, by then my fingers
> barely work and I won't go into the condition my toes are in......maybe I
> should change out of the Teva's eh??
>
> Factory stat in a 3.9 V6 with manual tranny.

It usually takes my truck (3.9L Automatic) about that long when temps are
below freezing. I'd say that you're not outside of normal.

I guess you could hold your shifts longer but that's not always the greatest
idea. I've heard some paranoia about how the heads can crack between the
valves if you hold shifts in the cold so YMMV.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com