RE: Re: 0.305-32 UNS thread (was: Installing an oil pressure guage....)

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Dec 31 2005 - 15:31:59 EST

I can't believe there is such a big deal being made of this. I guess
ignorance is bliss cause I've used three different types of fuel pressure
gauges and never had a problem with any of them. :-)

The first one was a gauge equipped with a fitting that would depress the
valve stem in the schrader valve when you screwed it on. I never had the
need to leave it on the engine and eventually it got damaged in storage.

I then bought one from Jeg's that was for a TPI chevy setup. For that one
you needed to remove the valve stem but it also worked fine.

Neither of the above would clear a stock air cleaner though so I either used
them with an open element K&N or just used them for test purposes.

Then I bought an Autometer gauge with a braided stainless steel line that
also attached without problem to the Schrader valve. I did need to remove
the valve stem for this as well.

Have I mentioned that sometimes ignorance is bliss?

When the need arises to remove that valve stem, I use a tire valve remover.
No big deal.

Hope this helps.

Ray