Re: RE: Re: 0.305-32 UNS thread

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Dec 31 2005 - 20:23:02 EST

"Ray Block" <bpracing@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

: I can't believe there is such a big deal being made of this. I guess
: ignorance is bliss cause I've used three different types of fuel pressure
: gauges and never had a problem with any of them. :-)

: The first one was a gauge equipped with a fitting that would depress the
: valve stem in the schrader valve when you screwed it on. I never had the
: need to leave it on the engine and eventually it got damaged in storage.

: I then bought one from Jeg's that was for a TPI chevy setup. For that one
: you needed to remove the valve stem but it also worked fine.

: Neither of the above would clear a stock air cleaner though so I either used
: them with an open element K&N or just used them for test purposes.

: Then I bought an Autometer gauge with a braided stainless steel line that
: also attached without problem to the Schrader valve. I did need to remove
: the valve stem for this as well.

: Have I mentioned that sometimes ignorance is bliss?

   Now that is just not fair! :-) You must be living right, Ray! :-)

  I stopped at Autozone today in my quest for more answers and took
a look at some fuel pressure testers. It sort've cleared up the
Chrysler/GM issue, as the fuel tester itself had a -4AN style
connector on it, and it came with an adapter which adapted the
Schrader valve to the -4AN so that the tester could be connected.
So, what I am assuming is that when a "Chrysler/GM" adapter is
listed, it does not mean that the same adapter is used for both
Chrysler and GM but that the adapter is used to convert a Chrysler
style Schrader valve into a GM style -4AN which can then be
connected to the tester; "GM style" is the tester's "native mode".
(What a surprise.) ;-) So anyway, that clears up that particular
bit of confusion.

   However, I am still completely at a loss to explain your good
fortune! :-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.- Jon Steiger --- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -. | 67 Dodge Coronet, 70 Plymouth Barracuda, 76 Peugeot TSA | | 78 Dodge B100, 90 Dodge Dakota Convertible, 92 Dodge Ram 4x4 | | 96 Dodge Dakota, 96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, 96 Kolb FireFly | | 99 Jeep Cherokee 4x4, 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD | `--------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com --'