Re: RE: Installing an oil pressure gauge and fuel pressure gauge...

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sat Dec 31 2005 - 23:49:58 EST

Hey, Jon!

<snip>Was "minor" a typo and you meant to say that the min. major
 diameter is .3055<snip>

Doh! Nice catch...yer absatively, pozzolootly keeerecked!

FWIW, I see Schrader Valve Threads listed as 5/16-32, but I can't seem to
locate any specs for the threads...I even went to the Federal Thread
Handbook H28 for info, but - alas - none to be found...

<snip>I haven't had much luck with .305-32, but it might
be worthwhile to grab a 5/16-32 along with some hex brass stock and
chuck it up in the lathe and see what happens. <snip>

I think that a drill press & vise set-up might be a better way to go, you'll
have a little more control over the infeed, unless you've got an NC control
on your lathe...

Either way, good luck with your project...

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
2K DAK SY Sport + V6 4X4 5Speed

WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/