Re: RE: Re: 0.305-32 UNS thread (was: Installing an oil pressure guage....)

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 01 2006 - 14:32:14 EST

WHY WE ARE LOOKING SO HARD:

Well, for these reasons.

#1 To do it right. Sure we can manage several adapters that will not clear the stock
airhat. But finding the right adapter for this application will make things much easier
for Dakota owners who frequent this list.

#2 To do it safely. Ideally we need this mod to be as safe as possible if we intend to
post it on the DML. It is fuel and there is a potential safety hazard here.

#3 Jon will undoubtly come up with an install guide with some pictures and the part
numbers and where to order them. ( Similar to the MPI Intake .pdf ) I am willing to
help in anyway I can.

#4 Why, not. We have nothing better to do. I have several days off from work. he. he.
he.

The best scenario I can think of is a "right-angle" schrader valve adapter. Something
that _properly_ threads on to the schrader valve but is a right-angle connection so it
clears the airhat. The question is, whats going to be the ideal connector for the
opposite side of the adapter? an -AN4 ? or flare? any ideas?

As for the gauge, I am leaning toward a smaller 1.5" (38mm) dial gauge like this one.
Its mechanical and goes to 60 PSI with a 270 degree sweep. Seems like a winner to me.
http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugedetail.aspx?ref=search&gid=2814

Then I will locate a mount for this gauge so I can put it on the firewall. ( or I'll
make one for it. )

dan k.

Dan K.
'92 Grey Dak CC, 318, 4x2, 46RH, 3.55 rear, 235/75R15, PS, PW, PB, PL, AC.

Mods: Cool air, K&N oil/air, 180* T-Stat, Autolite 3924s, re-located IAT, Trans-Go shift kit.

Future: Swap motor for a slightly modified Magnum 5.9L engine.