RE: Re: RE: Re: 0.305-32 UNS thread (was: Installing an oil pressure guage....)

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Jan 01 2006 - 15:25:08 EST

Hmmm, I had no idea that using a gauge designed to attach to the Schrader
valve wasn't doing it right. The fact that they don't clear the stock air
cleaner on a '92 Dak (they would clear on the newer trucks due to a
different style air hat) is inconsequential as I can not think of a reason
outside of racing to ever be monitoring the fuel pressure on a daily basis.
The truck either runs right or it doesn't. Then for diagnostic purposes I
might connect a gauge.

> #2 To do it safely. Ideally we need this mod to be as safe as possible
> if we intend to
> post it on the DML. It is fuel and there is a potential safety hazard
> here.

Man am I stupid. I had no idea there could be a safety issue with fuel. I
guess it's a good thing none of my gauges leaked, huh?

> #3 Jon will undoubtly come up with an install guide with some pictures
> and the part
> numbers and where to order them. ( Similar to the MPI Intake .pdf

Ok, smart azz mode off. Yes, if anyone can come up with something neat it
would be Jon. Still don't see the need but, whatever. BTW, there are
some adapters already being used to connect to something by someone on the
Bionic Dodge forum. I've seen the pics but don't remember the thread they
were in.

> #4 Why, not. We have nothing better to do. I have several days off from
> work. he. he.
> he.

Since you have nothing better to do, go search Bionic Dodge.

> The best scenario I can think of is a "right-angle" schrader valve
> adapter. Something
> that _properly_ threads on to the schrader valve but is a right-angle
> connection so it
> clears the airhat.

Hmmm, I think you're implying the aftermarket gauges don't _properly_thread
onto the Schrader valve. What were they thinking to put our lives in
jeopardy like that?!!

> As for the gauge, I am leaning toward a smaller 1.5" (38mm) dial gauge
> like this one.

One of mine is made by Accel, about 1.5" dia. Gauge face. Has a right angle
adapter. You probably wouldn't use it though cause it's listed for a
chevy.

I'm just messin with ya Dan. Good luck in your search for the perfect
setup. And have a Happy New Year. Really! :-)

Ray