Re: Camaro Unveiled at Detroit

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 09:48:47 EST

On Tue, January 10, 2006 7:10 pm, Terrible Tom wrote:

> Yup - Not many people know its just a rebadged Holden Monero. I
> mentioned this to a GM guy I know and he didn't believe me LOL... whatever.

Really? Wow. Holden will sell you the Monaro front valence, you can do the
conversion if you're feeling industrious. I thought this was common
knowledge. Why else would the things be built in Australia?

> Eh - I disagree there. If you look at the body design changes over time
> - you can see a clear progression from the 67 model to the 02 model. As
> is the case typically - body design changes are usually progressions
> from one to another with carry over design traits and lines from the
> previous generation. Neons are a good example of this point, as is a
> car like the Crown Victoria. You can see clear evolution with cars like
> that. Camaro did that evolution better than Mustang did. As you
> pointed out, Mustang II and Fox bodies did not have much of that design
> "flow" over time. On a seperate note, the Fox bodies - notibly the 5.0's
> - are getting nice and collectible now - much as the late 80's IROC
> Camaros are now.

I dunno about that. You can see the progression from generation to
generation but that's about it, and it doesn't even really apply to all the
generations IMHO.

I don't know about Foxes becoming collectable, even the V8 cars are still a
dime-a-dozen. Even if they are becoming collectables, the only ones worth
saving are the the special edition cars (cobra, etc).

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com