Premature wear on sway bar end links?

From: Robert Schultz (not_robert_schultz@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 12 2006 - 00:35:51 EST

Premature?

I lowered the truck with a Hotchkis TVS in July, and had to replace the
sway-bar end links on the front. (The top 1/4" broke off with the nut
and this was too short to install the new bushings).

Not too long after I had a bad clunk in the suspension, and spent a bit
of time looking for it.

In December, the dealer replaced the tie-rods and also the sway-bar end
links.

This took care of the cluck.

So, were the sway bar links ok, the the noise came from the tie rods?
There was play, but failure did not look imminent.

Rob S.