Re: XM radio....

From: Josh Battles (josh.lists@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Mon Jan 16 2006 - 15:37:48 EST

On Sat, January 14, 2006 10:00 pm, steve preston wrote:

> Does anyone have an XM SkyFi receiver mounted in their
> Gen III??

I've got an ipod that I use in my gen 3.

> Oh yeah? What does it look like? I can`t find a
> suitable location for mine. It lays on the floor along
> with some tools right now. There aren`t any good,flat
> sections on the dash or around the stereo to mount it!
> If anyone has one of these in their truck,and it looks
> pretty good,just tell me where to stick it! :)

Personally, I despise any sort of tacky mounting devices used to hold this
stuff, so I ran the aux input wires from the head unit to under the driver's
seat where all my other signal wires enter/exit the carpet. From there I
just pulled the RCAs forward and left myself a connection point under the
lower right corner of the driver's seat. I lay the ipod in the parcel tray
on the trans tunnel. It fits great in the one on the left (that the transfer
case lever replaces on 4x4 models). It's very unobtrusive and easy to
access.

--
- Josh
www.omg-stfu.com

This message has been brought to you by the American Kneejerk Coalition for Equality, Compassion, and the Restoration of Karmic Unity of Self And Other Silly Hippy Happy-Swell Gayness Bullshit, or AKCECRKUSAOSHHSGB for short.