Re: Door alignment on a GEN III

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jan 18 2006 - 14:04:52 EST

Miles D. Oliver wrote:

> Where we now live we experience a larger than normal amount of wind. It
> seems that our location the wind blows harder and for a lot loger than
> other places in Virginia where we live.
>
> A couple of days ago my wife opened up the door of her Durango, only to
> have the wind force pull the door out of her hand.
>
> It appears that the door jamb is bent out now and the door doesn't seal
> properly, has more window noise and The next day she went to the
> carwash she got soaked. You can look down the front of the vehicle and
> see that the drivers side door gap is larger than the passenger side.
>
> Can these Gen III doors be aligned after something like this or do I
> have do find a body shop to see what can be done to fix this so the door
> seals properly again?.

I'm thinking you are prolly going to have to have the hinges replaced.
Assuming the door and the pillar havn't been damaged. It could be as
simple as the door hinge pins having been bent too.But I seem to
remember that the doors on our Dakotas are a pain in the ass to deal
with when it comes to alignment... so don't quote me.

Rocks are for skipping... I'm all about the mud
75 Honda CL360, 89 Dakota, 89 Dakota 4x4, 95 Dakota 4x4, 01 Ram 4x4
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine