DAK finally back...

From: Bill Day (billday@otecom.net)
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 14:08:03 EST

        Well, I finally have my DAK back after about a month and half.. long story..
Insurance agent decides to take vacation and not pass the stuff on... they
don't order parts etc...

        Drove her home, of course jsut as shop is closing for the day and I have
another shimmy! This one is during accelaration.. I am assuming u-joints?
its fine at coast or at cruise but as soon as it starts to feel the need to
accelarate, it starts shimming again.. I just replaced ALL of the u-joints
in this truck this past summer cause they were all factory u-joints.

        So, if any one has any ideas other than u-joints, I guess they need replaced
again..

The finale parts was the engine/front axle mount(s) and a new front
driveshaft.. Those cured the increasing shimmy from 45 mph and up. However
there is still an accelarartion shimmy..

--

Bill Day

"A rich man isn't always wealthy, he just has all the love he can give and ever wanted.." http://counter.li.org #384146 284016