Re: Re: RE: Another Man Bonding with His DAK story (sorta long)

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 10:36:36 EST

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, DAKSY wrote:

> Hey, Dan...
>
> <snip> did you do the automatic adjuster tightening process? ya know.
> back, then stop, then
> forward, then stop, then back. do it 10 times and come to a complete
> stop each time<snip>
>
> Not yet...She seems to be stopping fine, tho...I adjusted the way I was
> taught,
> tighten the adjuster screw until you can just "feel" the shoes drag when
> manually spinning the wheel - WITH the tire on...

Definitely the way to go as far as I'm concerned. Those auto adjusters
are more trouble than they're worth. They were actually adjusting my
drums the wrong way on the Ford rearend, so I pulled 'em out. They still
don't stay put though so I've always got a soft pedal on first
application. quite annoying. Time to do a disk conversion I think =)

--
  +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
  | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s  '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |