Swapping factory CD players?

From: Korey Atterberry (korey99@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jan 22 2006 - 10:52:02 EST

Hey all-

   Long time semi-deliquent lurker, first post in a while. I just
traded my '04 V6 Club Cab SXT 4WD in on a new '05 V8 Quad Cab ST 4WD. I
needed to trade because my young son is about to have his car seat
turned around to face forward, and the club cab wasn't going to cut it
in the back seat. They cut me a heck of a deal since the new truck has
zero interior options (not even a center console!), but that's how I
like it. I'm glad Dodge has learned to accomodate the few shoppers like
me by putting the nice engine/driveline etc. in the stripped down models.

   At any rate, I've always wanted an MP3-capable CD player in my
vehicle, and now I see I can get the factory CD Changer with MP3
capability off of ebay new for $150ish. It's currently offered as
factory option in the Dakota (at least). I've got the non-changer
model, which is shaped the exact same. Can anyone tell me if I need to
buy a lot of parts to make the changer work, or do they use the same
bezel, harness, antenna hookup, etc.? I was going to look for an
aftermarket player, but those are going to require new harnesses, etc.
which drives the cost up. I guess I should ask a 2nd question though
too: Does the factory changer/mp3 work well?

Thanks,
Korey