!(*&@$@#$ lug nuts!!

From: Miles D. Oliver (moliver@mmoliver.org)
Date: Mon Jan 23 2006 - 11:18:00 EST

  Rotated my tires this weekend as well as a front brake job and other
things in my new shop, I have a roof, doors, but no electricity or inside
finishing as yet but It gave me a chance to get out of the cold.

  In the process of rotating my tires I snapped off about 8 of the chrome
lug nut caps and had to fish them out of end of the lug wrench. Another
bright idea of some 'Richard Cranium' in the design department.

Who comes up with this kind of stupid idea?

How many $$ in R and D did it take to come up with a system like this??

I also noticed something that I didn't see in over a year even though I
have rotated these tires many times since I got a new single tire. I just
wasn't that observant.

I have 3 265/70R16s and 1 265/75R16 on my truck. I blew a tire last year
and got a new one and never noticed that the size difference. I pulled the
reciept and looked and sure enough, The receipt says 265/70R16 and that
is what I got charged for but the tire is a 265/75R16. It hasn't made that
much of a difference if I never noticed it before this. I should have.

   265/70R16 = 30.6" x 10.4"
   265/75R16 = 31.6" x 10.4"

   An close to an inch difference, Tires rarely are exact.

  --
  Miles D. Oliver
  www.mmoliver.org