Re: Where do you put the booster box?

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 22:23:52 EST

Barry Oliver wrote:

> jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
>
>> I don't have one of those boxes, but I am guessing the problem is that
>> the leads are too short?

In a nutshell. Definitely too short to reach the ground. Here's the
one I was using: http://tinyurl.com/bdllp although I'd imagine it's a
common problem. They claim the cables are 28" long, but they don't seem
anywhere near that long when you're trying to use the thing.

>> If the
>> booster has a carrying handle, you may be able to use a bungee cord
>> or an S hook or something to hang it outside the truck, in front of
>> the grill or outside the fender.

That's a thought... I guess I could also suspend it from the open hood
somehow.

> A very short bungee strap, around the handle, secring it on top of the
> battery. Hook it to whatever is handy, it's enough to do the job. now
> if I could only get mine to hold a charge long enough to work...

I guess there's no problem with it sitting on top of the battery, as
long as it doesn't fall off. The case is plastic. I've never used it
to jump start, so I can't comment on the holding of a charge. They do
make great 12V power sources, though.