Re: 4.7L Longevity?

From: Jason A Banta (jason.banta@louisville.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 29 2006 - 11:30:58 EST

I have a 2001 4X4 Quad cab with the 4.7 auto and have had absolutely no
problems with the engine or transmission. I currently have about 96,000
miles on it. I change the oil about every 5000 - 6000 miles with mobile
1. In fact, I have had such good luck with this engine and tranny
combo, we bought my wife an 05 Grand Cherokee with the exact same engine
and tranny. She currently has about 48,000 miles on it with no
problems. I also change the oil and filter in the jeep every 5000 -
6000.

Jason