Update: Stalled/wont start

From: m.meyerhoff@mchsi.com
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 14:56:27 EST

Ok, Fuel filter was fine but due for a change anyway.

Spark plugs looked excellent with no deposits, little wear, and a good color. Plug wires, one of my taylor wires lost its female connector when I pulled on it. I swapped a spare in. The cap had some wear, but it wasn't bad enough to be the cause of a sudden no start = replaced

I did notice there was oil on the dizzy signal generator (the actuall sensor, not the plate). The FSM says that no signal from the dizzy signal gen can affect the ASD(auto shut down). I've had a spare one sitting around here for a couple of years now. I will put it on and see what happens. But, if the oil isn't normal how did it get there and what do I need to do to remedy?

Mike

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |