Re: Day2: Stalled/wont start

From: Biff Byrum (bbyrum9@foothill.net)
Date: Wed Feb 08 2006 - 00:12:33 EST

Key on should activate the pump for 2 seconds to give you starting pressure.
I've had pumps go bad many times and one Hall Effect plate go bad. When the
plate went bad, it would just shut down, even at 55 mph. Then when it felt
like it, it would start up again. No harsh running, no missing. No, there
should not be any oil on the pickup transistor.

I've tried to read everything you've written, and I'm not really sure. The
pump could have failed, but it is told what to do by the ASD relay. And yes,
when my Hall Effect switch went out, every time. it never threw a code. Biff
Byrum