Re: Re: Day2: Stalled/wont start

From: m.meyerhoff@mchsi.com
Date: Wed Feb 08 2006 - 01:12:25 EST

I am getting spark. So if I understand it, I should be getting fuel also. If the ASD is triggered by a bad distro pickup, it should shutdown both spark and fuel correct?

I bench tested the fuel pump relay and it was ok. Tommorow I'll use a second battery to run the fuel pump (or not run as the case may be).

What can cause oil in the distributer? Bad o-ring of some sort?

From: "Biff Byrum" <bbyrum9@foothill.net>

> Key on should activate the pump for 2 seconds to give you starting pressure.
> I've had pumps go bad many times and one Hall Effect plate go bad. When the
> plate went bad, it would just shut down, even at 55 mph. Then when it felt
> like it, it would start up again. No harsh running, no missing. No, there
> should not be any oil on the pickup transistor.
>
> I've tried to read everything you've written, and I'm not really sure. The
> pump could have failed, but it is told what to do by the ASD relay. And yes,
> when my Hall Effect switch went out, every time. it never threw a code. Biff
> Byrum

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |