Starting, Fuel Pressure ?

From: m.meyerhoff@mchsi.com
Date: Thu Feb 09 2006 - 21:17:00 EST

Ok here is the latest. I provided direct 12v to the fuel pump. It spun up and once it got to pressure, it stopped making the whirling noise and went to a tick, tick, tick type noise.

A mechanical FP guage hooked up to the test port read 20psi quickly and then slllooowwwllly climbed to 25psi. I'm supposed to be around 40psi? correct? ( with the pump powered and the regulator not seeing any engine vaccum? ) I'm thinking replace, right?

But, I'm not sure if the wore 250K fuel pump is my problem, because I was getting O pressure while cranking. Unless maybe it just can't flow enough any more to make pressure with the injectors opening...

I was getting spark. Can anything cause lack of power to the fuel system, but still have spark? (ASD and Fuel relays have been checked)

Thanks guys
mm

.
.