Re: i am back...need help already

From: Alberto Aguirre Jr (bluedoberman@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 04:08:39 EST

Well I know I have it because I have changed it before
about 3-4 years ago. Its a little plug that has no
moving parts and screws in on top of the rear
differential. I have a '98 so maybe thats why. I had
the BRAKE & ABS light on before all the time and
changing that fixed it. It is intermittent this time.
 I turn off the truck and when I start it goes away,
until I hit a decent bump. Maybe it just has a loose
connection and dont need to replace it at all, but it
probably doesnt have anything to so with the ABS
triggering only when I am applying the brake and I hit
bumps.

> I don't know the year breakdown but this isn't
> ironclad. my '98 does
> not have a tailshaft speed sensor, only rwss.
>
> I *think* the break is '97-older/'98-newer but I'm
> not sure.
> --
> +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY
> ----------+
> | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s '84 RamCharger 4x4,
> plow truck |
> | '02 Jetta TDI 5sp, daily '97 Intrepid, not on
> the road |
> +--------------------
> <http://mike.tepidcola.com/trucks/> --+
>
> .
> .

> | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML
> Meet in Colorado! |
> | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info:
> http://meet.dakota-truck.net |

.