Re: RE: To Bar or not to Bar...

From: Alberto Aguirre Jr (bluedoberman@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 14:18:34 EST

But in essence...I could have them installed and for
those visits to the track, I can adjust them for the
night? I am looking at all this stuff and I guess I
forgot to mention I am on a budget even though I want
to fix the truck...Like the Paxton supercharger males
me drool but I dont have $4500 on just the kit. I
guess if I want to make my truck a little more peppy
should I focus on exhaust such as headers dualed out,
or air intake such as a ram air hood or cold air
intake setup or go all out and do the shaker hood? I
know ram air PSI is weak in comparison to
Turbocharged, but its also a big difference in $$$.

--- srp@cox.net wrote:

> Do you drag race? Use slicks? If not, don't bother
> with traction bars or 'Caltracs'.. as they only work
> with slicks, etc. I sell/use Caltracs.. which are
> an adjustable traction bar setup. Works well with
> my truck and slicks @ the track by preventing axle
> wrap, wheel hop... but on the street I must dial
> them out so the truck has normal suspension
> movement.
>
> Works with stock leafs, Hotchkis drop leafs, etc. I
> recommend the lowered version when droping your
> truck to help with ground clearance.
>
> Sam
> www.socaldakota.com
> 619-274-1292