Re: Ball Joints ('98 4x2 CC)

From: Alberto Aguirre Jr (bluedoberman@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 17:12:13 EST

I know my boots tore...I have 118K on my 5.2L V8. I
ordered some balljoints off of Ebay and they are in
transit....I'll let you know quality wise in a few
months I guess. Most Auto parts here only had upper
and no lower balljoints!! Dont know why exactly. I
think for me after 3 years of living in apartments
with messed up parking lot and speed bumps on top of
that, that accelerated the process. Plus I have been
neglecting my poor dak, if she were a wife, she would
have done divorced me.....since my actual one is, I
can pay attention to the Dak now. ;) Cant say I am
too sad.

--- srp@cox.net wrote:

> Mike, you been jumping that thing or what? (j/k)...
> I have 113k miles on my factory balljoints, and they
> are about due for replacement. TRW makes a set, but
> so far I have found that Moog have been the best
> replacement. How did yours fail? Did you keep them
> greased properly? Torn boot perhaps?
>
> Sam
> www.socaldakota.com
> 619-274-1292
>

> > From: Mike Burgess <mike_burgess@yahoo.com>
> > Date: 2006/02/21 Tue PM 04:02:43 EST
> > To: DML Digest <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
> > Subject: DML: Ball Joints ('98 4x2 CC)
> >

> > Just wondering who makes a GOOD set of ball
> joints,
> > I've been thru the Factory set (4yrs) Moog (1.5yr)
> and
> > they got a warrenty replace (1.5yr) and are bad
> again.
> > 99% is freeway miles, I've got 93,000 miles on the
> > truck, and 80% of the rear brake lineings. Except
> for
> > the potholes, I don't beat on it, yet the IAS
> shocks &
> > ball joints keep dieing on me. Suggestions ?
> > Mike
> >

> > Ministry of Truth:
> > War is Peace
> > Freedom is Slavery
> > Ignorance is Strength - G. Orwell, 1984
> > Can-Spam is a Success - FTC 12-2005
> >
> > "Welcome to the Darwinian Gene Pool Preserve.
> > Go ahead and lean over the safety rail as far
> > as you like and hand feed the carnivores."
> > Non-Sequitor by Wiley
> >
> > .
> > .

> > | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML
> Meet in Colorado! |
> > | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info:
> http://meet.dakota-truck.net |

> .
> .

> | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML
> Meet in Colorado! |
> | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info:
> http://meet.dakota-truck.net |

.