Re: To Bar or not to Bar...

From: Gary Hedlin (superdak@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 21:55:38 EST

I have a set of Moe's Traction bars on my 05, and I really like them.
They're very well built... makes the lakewoods look very cheap. They
also have an adjustable snubber so you can have a stock ride when the
snubber is down, and when it's up they really help the tires grip...
even with street tires. They're deffinitly worth it if you drag race a lot.

If you get a good set of traction bars, you should see some better times.

Gary Hedlin
05 4.7 SLT
98 3.9 Sport

Alberto Aguirre Jr wrote:

> I was recently told by a couple of people to put
> traction bars on my truck. A guy with a custom shop
> said not to. They dont help and I should use some old
> hot rodder trick with some sort of "ladder setup".
> Has anyone ever heard of this "ladder traction" trick
> and if so does it have advantages over traction bars?
> Do traction bars even help or can they be harmful? I
> wanted to drop the truck in the rear using the common
> drop blocks. Someone else said that if I want to use
> traction bars I need to use shackles to alter the
> place where leaf springs connect to frame in rear as
> opposed to blocks raising the differential off of the
> leaf springs, and I guess lowering my ground clearance
> by bring the bottom of the Ubolt assembly closer to
> the ground.
>
> What opinions, concerns or suggestions do you guys
> have concerning this?
>
> I apolgize if my twitchy clicker finger sent a blank
> message previously...I have thoroughly scolded that
> finger ;)
>

> Alberto Aguirre
> Black '98 5.2L v8 Dakota Sport CC
> Mods:Dynomax catback exhaust with dual exits,Kenwood cd player(previous 2 stolen),Alpine Security, K&N....that's it so far more to come.
> http://alberto.dualhex.com
>
> .
> .
> | Make your plans NOW to attend the National DML Meet in Colorado! |
> | Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |

.
.
| Date: July 15-23, 2006 - More info: http://meet.dakota-truck.net |