Re: WAS: Rollin rollin rollin NOW: Sitting sitting sitting...

From: Andy Levy (andy.levy@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 13:56:09 EST

On 2/23/06, Mr. Plow <adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com> wrote:
> And ll those guests got to have an adequate meal, and get hammered drunk.

Open bar, but only for the first 1-2 hours of the reception. You
don't want to see the bill for open bar for 6 hours for 150 people.
It's insane. Plus, by making the booze free up front, you'll
encourage your guests to sober up before the end of the evening.

Or, have the reception at a hotel, and encourage people to stay at the
hotel. The hotel will get you a group rate for the rooms. They did
this at the wedding I was in right before I met Marci and I can't tell
you how hammered I got that night.

> (I actually want GOOD food at my wedding, but lobster is probably out...)
>
> That has always bothered me, the food at probably 95% of the weddings i've
> attended has been exactly the same. Maybe it's a regional thing, but i
> dunno...
> It's always been roasted chicken and/or roast beef with gravy, and some
> mixed veggies. If you're lucky, they have penne in meat sauce.
> How VERY exciting....
>
> I want a multicultural arrangement, some Indian samosas, and sushi for
> appetizers. Main course i haven't thought about, but it sure won't be roast
> beef.

Do a buffet.

.
.