Re: WAS: Rollin rollin rollin NOW: Sitting sitting sitting...

From: Miles D. Oliver (moliver@mmoliver.org)
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 15:36:05 EST

  Wife and I went to JOP 13 years ago and got married by a little old man
that we still refer to this day as 'the troll...'. Neither one of us
wanted the 'pomp and circumstance' of a wedding...

It was the 2nd marriage for her and the first for me. I managed to go
through a 7 year relationship like I was married, all except for never
uttering those two words that would have cost me a fortune when it went
south..(I DO). I would have gotten cleaned out over.

We wanted a house more than an event.

  Our families respected our wishes and gave us some money that would have
been for a wedding toward the home downpayment.

  We sent out cards telling our friends and family that we were getting
married and that we weren't having a ceremony because we wanted a home
and almost all were for our decision.

  Some responded to our cards sending money to help with the downpayment
and once we had the home we then threw a party.

  So in the end. Those who wanted to go someplace to get fed and drunk did,
They just didn't have to get dressed up to do it. ;-) !!

--
  Miles D. Oliver
  www.mmoliver.org